hi bro! Edit
A question for you, wikia sensei... Edit
Hello there! You seem to be one of the most prolific and skilled contributors here, so I figured you might be the person to ask: is it possible to create a link to a category page, like one can with a link to a normal page within the body of a page and visible--other than at the bottom, that is? There have been a few times when I'd like to make a link to a category page obvious. I'm mostly thinking of various furniture categories and sub categories here, like pets for example. I'm still getting the hang of this stuff, so thanks in advance for any reply. Yasuewho (talk) 04:28, February 12, 2014 (UTC)Yasuewho
Thanks for the LaughEdit
Yasuewho /hands McJeff a very hungry Armored Highland Stalker to eat the mean aviaks he has to take mindnumbing screenshots of for his project page
Sorry for leaving such a silly note, but I feel your pain. I've been taking screenies of very similarly named furniture since oooh yesterday or the day before. I've honestly lost track. Your shouting note was much appreciated and cracked me up before I crack up. On a happy note, at least you're not the only one whose brain has had enough and resorted to silly notes. ;) Yasuewho (talk) 11:01, February 13, 2014 (UTC)Yasuewho
- Well, I really am sick of taking pictures of Aviaks! But you gotta get the work done one way or another, right? Unfortunately I've still got Palace of the Awakened. And then a couple dungeons in The Bonemire that are full of droags, which aren't much better - mobs with wings make taking screenshots a pain in the butt. Jeff (talk|stalk) 07:29, February 15, 2014 (UTC)
Item and equipment icons Edit
Lordebon recently tapped the EQ2 API and we can now access the icons directly from SOE. No more uploading or "Where's Waldo" searching for the correct icons. The conversation and related instructions are located here.
Personally (to make it more convenient) I created a shortcut to the URL http://census.soe.com/s:eq2i/json/get/eq2/item/1992857838?c:show=iconid and then simply replace the item number to get the iconid.
I can't believe how much it has streamlined my item and equipment additions. It has literally shaved HOURS off my submission times. Please bear in mind that this currently only works on *items* and *equipment*.
Recipe books, adornments, house items etc. are still done the old fashioned way. I believe he's working on those too... Now that I've been using it I don't know how I'd get along without it. KUDOS to Lordebon! (Talk) 20:58, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
- That is pretty sweet. To be honest I've been doing icons the old way for so long that it isn't hard or annoying to me, but this is going to make the wiki a lot more user-friendly for a lot of people. Jeff (talk·stalk) 12:25, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
The iconid for the Cryptic Unlucky Spaulders of Luck is 3363. The problem I see with that particular piece of equipment is that there appears to be five pieces with that name in the SOE database. I've found a way to find the iconid (not as fast as the link, but much faster than looking through the wikia database).
Since we both use Firefox, I'll explain using those commands:
- Go to the EQ2U item search page 
- Search your item or equipment by name. In this case Cryptic Unlucky Spaulders of Luck
- It returns five pieces with that exact name but with different stats. If there are multiple items with different stats, I select the one that matches the stats on the piece I'm working on. Since all five pieces use the same icon I just selected (clicked on) one of them.
- On the actual item page I right click on the icon's image and select View Image Info.
- In the resulting "Page Info" pop-up screen there's a line that shows that 3363 is the iconid. See below.
Lordebon is working on an interface that will allow much easier access in the future. I'll point him in this direction... It may help him figure out all the technical details to these quirky pieces. He is after all, the New breaker of code'y things. (Talk) 14:31, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
- An easier way to get the icon id will be coming eventually. It's still on my list, but I haven't had the time to sit down and get up to speed with google app engine to get it coded, it takes a bit more learning/relearning than just setting up the template support did. I do recommend using the new icons though, it's much simpler and faster than the old cut-paste-upload method and ensures a consistent, UI-independent look to the icons.
- That said, you can still get the icon id easy enough via EQ2U like Paceyourself says, or you can use a slightly different query when there's multiple name matches, see User:Lordebon/Census for an example multi-result search or  if you really want to dig into the meat of it. --lordebon (talk) 14:44, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
- I'm thrilled with the way it works now! No worries... Take all the time you need. I'm currently shaving hours upon hours off my submission times with the system you've already set up. I know I keep saying this but, THANK YOU SO MUCH! (Talk) 20:56, April 23, 2014 (UTC)
Vesspyr Isle crates Edit
Would you like to provide your insight and understanding of the Vesspyr Isle crate situation? It seems like there are at least three of us working on various aspects of them and it would be nice if we could agree on a concise SOP for them. Your input would be greatly appreciated.
See the post here - Forum:Vesspyr Isles Crates
Thank you! (Talk) 16:19, May 2, 2014 (UTC)
Please take a look at the following forum post Edit
Please take a look at the following forum post: Forum:What should i do with the parameters an article doesn't need? -- (Talk) 10:45, July 15, 2014 (UTC)