Celebrated by Gnomes throughout Norrath, the Tinkerfest holiday occurs for several days near the end of July and the beginning of August. During Tinkerfest, Gnomes hold festivals celebrating tinkering and all things gnomish, frequently exchanging gifts with family members and celebrating their heritage. Once celebrated regularly, it has only been recently resurrected post-shattering.
In 2013, Tinkerfest is scheduled to begin 07/26/2013 at 12:01 AM PST time, continuing through 08/08/2013 at 11:59 PM PST time on the live servers.
Speaking Gnomish will be handy for this holiday!
Celebrations and celebrators can be found wherever gnomes are found. To find out more about this summer celebration, speak with any Celebrations Coordinator NPC. However, the central location to all Tinkerfest celebrations is in the Gnomeland Security Headquarters in Steamfont Mountains. To make your way there, many "Unstable Tinkered Portals" can be found throughout Norrath to transport you to the party headquarters.
Evil-Aligned Cities with PortalsEdit
- Freeport - in East Freeport ( -107, -24, 106 ) /waypoint -107, -24, 106
- Gorowyn - near to the first elevator upon entering the city from Timorous Deep ( 2575, 8, 1228 ) /waypoint 2575, 8, 1228
- Neriak - within Indigo Hollow ( 42, 17, -32 ) /waypoint 42, 17, -32
Good-Aligned Cities with PortalsEdit
- Kelethin - on the platform near the Kelethin First Regional Bank ( 298, 106, 151 ) /waypoint 298, 106, 151
- Qeynos - in North Qeynos ( 267, -16, 68 ) /waypoint 267, -15.62, 67.9
- New Halas - on the platforms leading down to the Erollis Dock ( -428, 53, 27 ) /waypoint -428, 53, 27
- Solusek's Eye - near the Solusek Mining Company gnomes ( 33, 14, -41 ) /waypoint 33, 14, -41
- The Bonemire - within the Drednever Crash Site ( 39, 43, 523 ) /waypoint 39, 43, 523
- Moors of Ykesha - around the crafting area and bank within the Dropship Landing Zone ( 1780, 453, 837 ) /waypoint 1780, 453, 837
- Great Divide - Thurgadin Docks ( 1284, -540, 424 ) /waypoint 1284, -540, 424
- Foray Into Ulterior Mechanica is new for 2013.
- The Reticent Tinkerer is new for 2013.
- Great Balls of Fire, originally introduced in 2010, is repeatable up to 40 times. There are new rewards for 2013.
- If They Only Had a Brain becomes available after you have completed Great Balls of Fire at least 5 times. This quest debuted in 2011 and may be repeated once annually. There are new rewards for 2013.
- Friendly Competition was introduced in 2011 and may be repeated once annually. There are new rewards for 2013.
- The Legend of the Geargobbler was introduced in 2010 and may be repeated once annually. There are new rewards for 2013.
- Tinkerfest Cheer (repeatable) was introduced in 2009.
- The Tome of Tinkering was introduced in 2010.
- A Tinkerer's Clockwork Catalog was introduced in 2009.
- Aether Racing: Butcherblock Mountains
- Aether Racing: Great Divide
- Aether Racing: Lavastorm
- Aether Racing: Tenebrous Tangle
All new for 2013, Tinkerfest now has its own Achievements!
- Gnomachine Too Complicated (complete each of the Tinkerfest quests)
- Furiously Fast (participate in each of the Tinkerfest Aether races)
- Famed Phosphorescence (craft a set of Tinkerfest lighting units)
- Full Metal Domicile (craft a mix of Tinkerfest building blocks)
- Bits and Baubles (craft a mix of Tinkerfest items) - New for 2014.
Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs are the currency of Tinkerfest. These cogs are small shiny ground spawns that can be found around any Tinkerfest celebration location, as well as in Gnomeland Security Headquarters. The cogs have a fast respawn time, but if you feel that you're being trampled in the rush of party-loving gnomes, check out one of the alternate locations.
Myron and Tarly, the Gnomeland Security Headquarters Tinkerfest vendors, have the blueprints you'll need to allow you to craft your own Tinkerfest goodies! Blueprints are priced at 10 Shiny Tinkerfest Cogs each. There are 25 new Tinkerfest crafting recipes, including 3 Master Tinkerer outfits!
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 1.0 - Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe.
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 2.0 - Introduced in 2010. Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe.
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 3.0 - Introduced in 2011. Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe.
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 4.0 - Introduced in 2012. Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe.
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 5.0 - New for 2013. Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe.
- Tinkerfest Blueprints 6.0 - New for 2014. Requires a Tinkering skill of 25 to scribe
- Master Tinkerer's Companion Blueprints 1.0 - Requires a Tinkering skill of 400 to scribe.
- Master Tinkerer Blueprints 1.0 - Introduced in 2011. Requires a Tinkering skill of 400 to scribe.
- Master Tinkerer Blueprints 2.0 - Introduced in 2012. Requires a Tinkering skill of 400 to scribe.
- Master Tinkerer Blueprints 3.0 - New for 2013. Requires a Tinkering skill of 400 to scribe.
Some of the Master Tinkerer Blueprint recipes require a Tinkerer's Mechanized Framework as a recipe component, and these may be purchased from Tarly. Some recipes need the rusty version of a tool/weapon as a component: these are obtained as rewards from Tinkerfest quests, and Tarly sells the Rusty Powered Wrench.
In addition, Myron and Tarly sell a range of cogs, springs, gears and the like. Many are the same as craftable versions found in the Tinkerfest blueprints, while some are unique to the vendor. The gnomes also have mounts available for purchase.
|EQ2i credits posts in this thread written by Kaitheel at the SOE Forums for some of the information in this article.|
|This article refers to events, personae and activities only accessable in-game during the annual Tinkerfest festivities that occur roughly from the end of July to early August.|