|The Withered Lands|
The Withered Lands
|Adjacent to|| Great Divide|
|Dungeons||Skyshrine: The City of Dracur|
|Quest Lines||The Withered Lands Timeline|
The zone is patrolled by a dragon named Viskudra. If Viskudra is in the area, she casts an uncurable curse that forces players in the air to land. Players without float or safe fall may take heavy or even lethal damage when falling out of the sky. Players can earn the ability to fly without worrying about being grounded in one of two ways. The first is to complete the quest The Call Home, which disables the curse. The other is to complete the tradeskill quest Totemic Reinforcement - completing this quest rewards a cloak, Shroud of Hidden Harvests, which makes players immune to the curse while it is equipped.
The Withered Lands is shaped roughly like a backwards S lying on its side. Adventurers arrive in the zone at the New Combine Foothold in the far east, and travel westwards. The path is linear, with a few extra areas off to the sides. The corrupted forests occupy three sections of the zone. This is followed by the barren canyon called Holgresh Pass. Holgresh Pass ends in a swamp called the Tears of Tunare. The Village of Alivan is south of the swamp.
Flying above the trees can be dangerous. See the description above for the quests to make travel safer in this zone.
There is a griffin station that takes adventurers back to Great Divide in the New Combine Foothold, and a drake that takes them to Skyshrine: The City of Dracur in Village of Alivan ( -305, -744, 240 ) /waypoint -305, -744, 240.
There are horse stations at various places in the zone. Each individual horse must be clicked on before that station can be traveled to.
- Combine Foothold ( -3537, -782, -62 ) /waypoint -3537, -782, -62 - New Combine Stable
- Sanctuary of Waning ( -2279, -671, -175 ) /waypoint -2279, -671, -175 - Sanctuary of Waning Stable
- Sanctuary of Mourning ( -1881, -594, -1089 ) /waypoint -1881, -594, -1089 - Mourning Lowlands Stable
- Combine Caravan ( -1710, -600, -1226 ) /waypoint -1710, -600, -1226 - Combine Caravan Stable
- Holgresh Overlook ( -558, -666, -439 ) /waypoint -558, -666, -439 - Holgresh Overlook
- Sanctuary of Tears ( -234, -689, -660 ) /waypoint -234, -689, -660 - Tears of Tunare Stable
- Alivan ( -305, -744, 240 ) /waypoint -305, -744, 240 - Alivan Stable
|Zone Name||Level Range||Target Audience||Zone Type||Zone Duration|
|Skyshrine: The City of Dracur||90-92||Group||Shared Dungeon|
Adjacent Zones Edit
|Zone Name||Level Range||Direction||Access To||Access From|
|Great Divide||88-90||East||Take the griffin station in the New Combine Foothold||Take the griffin station at the Thurgadin Harbor|
Revive Locations Edit
Similar Zones Edit
|Zone Name||Level Range||Region||Notes|
|The Eidolon Jungle||92-95||Chains of Eternity||Good zone for quests|
|The capitalization, punctuation, and spelling of the title of this article have been verified and are correct as-is. |
Zone is called The Withered Lands, with the The included.