|The Peat Bog|
The Peat Bog
|Adjacent to|| via Zone line:
via Mariner's Bell:
|Quest Lines||Qeynos Outlying Areas Timeline|
|“||The [Peat] Bog in particular is an area where seasons of growth have compacted upon dense, moist soil and the scent of decay in that section would make living there disagreeable to say the least.||”|
Dark and dank, this zone is small, yet broken into smaller sections by circular wooden walls that vaguely resemble the edges of rotten tree trunks. The former Qeynos suburbs of Starcrest Commune and Nettleville are connected by a path made of wooden boards running along the zone's northern edge; so that their citizens wouldn't have to get their feet wet when crossing the bog. A grate leading to the moat in Antonica is found near the middle of the top edge of the zone.
The interior of the zone is laid out in a clockwise spiral, with stronger monsters found deeper in.
The Peat Bog can be accessed by the Qeynos mariner's bell. Zoning in will place you at the bottom of the ramp that leads to Nettleville.
- The bell is within aggro range of one of the guards (20^^^ Heroic).
- The grate to Antonica is safe to use.
|Zone Name||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Antonica||10-20||North||Tunnel at ( 666, -32, 394 ) /waypoint 666, -32, 394|
|Vermin's Snye||10-20||East||Sewer grate at ( 578, -33, 507 ) /waypoint 578, -33, 507|
- Near the former gate to Starcrest Commune ( 774, -26, 368 ) /waypoint 774, -26, 368
- The monsters of the Peat Bog weren't always so oversized. When LU19 revamped all the newbie zones, the monsters of The Peat Bog were all greatly enlarged. No particular reason was ever given for this.
- Two Logs Pond originally had a unique, muddy texture to the water. This texture was removed from the water surface during the LU19 revamp, but it can still be seen underwater.
- There are several large purple mushrooms strewn out across the zone. If you kill the fungusmen guarding them, you can interact with them and recieve a shroom-tastic surprise!