Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adventurers, see the Terrors of Thalumbra Timeline.
- You need to be a lvl 100 crafter to start the quest.
- You must have finished The Captain's Lament to receive the mail that starts the Quest
- You need to be able to fly
Crafting during these quests can kill you, so pay attention to your reaction arts during the crafting process.
- Signs a recipe is dangerous include:
- The NPC tells you that a crafting combine is dangerous or that you should be very careful
- Reaction names that start with words like "Lethal" and "Catastrophic"
Merchants here will not sell you fuel until you reach at least -25,000 faction, nor can you use the banks or brokers until you reach adequate faction, so be sure to bring all supplies with you to save time. See the Needed Materials section for a list.
- What Lies Beneath -- starts with an ingame mail when you finished The Captain's Lament
- Assay of Origin
- Scanning the Seals
- Monitoring the Situation
- Attuning the Portal
- Monitor Malfunction -- unlocks Scuttling to Safety
Other Tradeskill QuestsEdit
- Scuttling to Safety
- Fire Striker
- You Only Test Twice
- The Man with the Tinkered Eye
- Fuels Are Forever
- For Your Eyes Only
This list is for all the quests above.
- adamantine cluster (1)
- bornite nodule (32)
- cadmium ore (1)
- ferrite cluster (1)
- incandescent material (2)
- Malduran lumber (3)
- rhenium ore (1)
- splitiron ore (9)
- thalumbral root (10)
- thaumic material (1)
- titanium ore (1)
- umbrite (40)
- arcannium (2)
- metal mechanism (6)
Daily Tradeskill MissionsEdit
Acquired from Gwynvyn at ( 47, 36, -167 ) /waypoint 47.37, 35.67, -167.27 in Maldura after completing What Lies Beneath. These quests may be performed daily, or they may be obtained all at once. If you pick up all the quests, they will not reset until the next week.
- A Cure for Maldura
- Arming Maldura
- Healing for Maldura
- Monitoring Maldura
- Malduran Medicine
- Malduran Mouths to Feed
- Malduran Refills
Weekly Tradeskill MissionEdit
Red shinies are back once again, and visible to those who have their Earring of the Solstice.
Note About Recipe booksEdit
The merchant Thalnor in the Forge of Brell within Maldura sells recipe books. You will need various levels of faction with the Deepforge Founders, as well as Coins of the Grand Artificer. His items are available at 10K faction, 30K faction, and 40K faction.
- Note: You can buy the class-based crafting books when you have finished Researching a Solution and For Your Eyes Only
|EQ2i credits posts in this thread written by Domino at the SOE/DBG Forums for some of the information in this article.|