Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Neriak, the seat of the malevolent Teir'Dal empire, lies deep within the Ashfall Crags near Nektulos Forest. The heartless stone that makes up its walls and ceiling withstood the cataclysms that scarred the surface of Norrath. It has arisen now with bared teeth, a gleaming city of magics and merciless superiority - a perfect reflection of Innoruuk's tenets, ruled by Queen Cristanos through fear and sadistic intimidation.
The city is inside a network of caves, making it difficult for anyone who is not of an "evil" aligned city to access. See the section on Leaving and Entering the City for details.
Neriak, City of Hate is located at the east end of Darklight Wood.
Factions and RelationsEdit
There is only one faction in the city of Neriak. Writs and faction quests all raise this single faction.
- For quests that raise your faction with Neriak, see the list of positive faction quests.
- For quests that lower your faction, see the list of negative faction quests.
If you are not a citizen of Neriak, consider the following:
- Freeport and Gorowyn citizens are treated indifferently in Neriak. They can use most city services and do most quests.
- Citizens of Qeynos, Kelethin, and Exiles are attacked on sight by guards (who are level 85-95, some 100 epics).
- Guards in Neriak see through invisibility, but most cannot see through stealth. The roamers can see through stealth.
Any Neutral race can start in this area (shown during character creation) or any of the following "evil" aligned races:
You'll find a smattering of quests inside the city, but the vast majority are in the adjacent starter zone:
You must be from a city with an "evil" alignment to buy a house here.
- Due to updates to housing over the years, the video tours linked below will be somewhat inaccurate; all homes had an additional room or balcony added, but they still give a sense of the house layouts and style.
- Small "starter" house, free when with some free house items if you complete the First Time Buyer (Neriak) quest: 8 Indigo Road, in the New Foreign Quarter
- Medium sized houses: 1 Walk of the Dead and 4 Walk of the Dead, in Death Grotto (video tour)
- Large houses: 3 Walk of the Dead and 2 Walk of the Dead, also in Death Grotto (video tour)
Tradeskill Work AreaEdit
The main tradeskill area of this city can be difficult to locate until you are familiar with the geography. It's located near the Dockside Markets region of the city and is entered by walking down one of two ramps into the area. As of 2014 one of the ramps is labeled as "Entrance to the Down Under" on the standard game map.
The Dark Bargainers maintain a system of teleportation pads around the city for moving goods and people quickly. At one time, a quest was required to use the pads, but doing it is now optional. To use the city teleportation pads, simply locate them and right click on them. Doing so will open a map with available locations.
Below is the name of each teleportation pad in bold, followed by the pad location. Beneath each are some useful points of interest.
- Indigo Hollow located at ( 37, 17, -24 ) /waypoint 37, 17, -24
- Dockside Markets located at ( -39, 8, 340 ) /waypoint -39, 8, 340
- Spires of Innoruuk located at ( -286, 28, 237 ) /waypoint -286, 28, 237
- The central location for Disciples of Innoruuk and the NPC Xilania Nevagon.
- Cristanos Plaza ( -627, 11, 253 ) /waypoint -627, 11, 253
- Death Grotto located at ( -600, 28, -21 ) /waypoint -600, 28, -21
- Medium-sized and large player housing to the east and west and Darklight Palace to the north.
Leaving and Entering the CityEdit
To leave the city and quickly travel to many other areas of the world, a Globe of Swift Travel can be found on the dock. (Use the city teleport pads to get to Dockside Markets)
To go to and from Darklight Wood you must run into a tunnel near the Indigo Hollow region of the city, just past ( 10, 17, -67 ) /waypoint 10, 17, -67. When you have hit the zone-in point, the loading screen for the next zone will come up automatically.
Neriak was designed to be nigh-impossible for good-aligned characters to access. Level 100 Epic x4 guards roam the zone and are deliberately stationed in narrow passages to prevent good aligned characters from sneaking around, and SOE continues to improve their stats and combat ability to keep even raid geared maximum level players from being able to kill them. There are ways, however, for good aligned characters to access specific parts of Neriak - as long as they're careful (and lucky).
- Anyone with the Call of the Veteran can bring anyone where they are, but be cautious if you plan to wander the city.
- The easiest work around if you're trying to get to player housing is to zone into the home of a character who lives here (if you have friend or trustee access) using the guild hall amenity to travel to player housing.
- If you're considering buying the T1 Guild Hall in this zone, it will be easiest to have an "evil" aligned character buy the hall and buy the amenity that grants the Call to Guild Hall ability, so any good aligned members can travel back to the hall easily.
Exploration Experience LocationsEdit
There are many, but here are a few:
- Phyra Zesmice, near the Dockside Market at ( 15, 7, 336 ) /waypoint 15, 7, 336 will take your completed collections.