For an alphabetic listing of articles relating to this topic, see Category:Moonlight Enchantments
Once a month, the barriers separating Norrath from other worlds become thin and portals appear in the form of enchanted mushroom rings. These portals transport the user into an enchanted grotto whose inhabitants may be willing to reward you with interesting items in return for a little bit of assistance. This event should be automatically active from 12:01 am on the 20th to 11:59pm on the 21st of every month (pacific time), gremlins permitting.
There are 5 known enchanted grottos, each with unique inhabitants, unique items and have one purple shinie of its own collection. Two of the Grottos, Enchanted Dryad Grotto and Enchanted Naiad Grotto, offer one quest each, while Enchanted Fay Grotto, Enchanted Brownie Grotto and Enchanted Zygomyd Grotto each have a second quest. These second quests are for tradeskillers and are the only quests repeatable more than once per month. All the quests reward elemental tokens that can be used to purchase house items, illusions, or mounts from traders in any of the grottos.
Each grotto is accessed from Norrath via an enchanted mushroom ring (shown above/right). These rings appear only on the 20th day of the month (pacific time), and each grotto has a persistence of 25 days, preventing more than one completion on a given character in a given month.
- Entrance: Archer's Woods in Antonica at ( -696, -4, 621 ) /waypoint -696.00, -4.00, 621.00
- Quest: Pollution Problem
- Collection: Dryad Leaves
- Trader:a dryad trader
- Entrance: The Nursery in the Greater Faydark at ( -130, -44, -769 ) /waypoint -129.70, -44.30, -768.77
- Quest: Seasonal Blooms
- Crafting Quest: Blooming Good Tea (repeatable)
- Collection: Flower Petals
- Trader:A pixie trader
- Entrance: Darklight Wood at ( 16, -33, -233 ) /waypoint 16.43, -32.95, -232.74
- Quest: Festive Flowers
- Crafting Quest: Strong Brew Root Beer (repeatable)
- Collection: Tree Bark
- Trader:A brownie trader
- Entrance: Near the spires in Nektulos Forest at ( -365, 0, -678 ) /waypoint -365.33, 0.00, -677.62
- Quest: Earthly Tasks
- Crafting Quest: Comforting Confections (repeatable)
- Collection: Mushroom Spores
- Trader:An earthspirit trader
- Entrance: Near the spires in the Enchanted Lands at ( -279, 5, 17 ) /waypoint -278.54, 5.12, 17.27
- Quest: Naiad Aid
- Collection: Naiad Scales
- Trader:A naiad trader
- Each character can only collect one shiny from each grotto during the event. This means that completing these collections will take several months of collecting, require using several characters on a single account to find more items, or necessitate trading duplicates with other players. Most collections for this event include four to six items.
- The location of the shiny is somewhat random, which can occasionally lead to difficulties in finding it (especially in the Enchanted Fay Grotto, by far the largest grotto). Exiting and re-entering the grotto after waiting for the old lockout to expire will result in the shiny being in a new location in the new instance and possibly being a different collectable; the latter fact can be used to decline a collectable you have and reenter for a chance that it will be one you want. This technique will not work once you have set the 25 day lockout for an instance or if you zone back in before the temporary 30 minute persistence lock expires.