|Date||February 16, 2010|
Sentinel's Fate is now live!
- EverQuest II's sixth expansion, Sentinel’s Fate, is now live! Sentinel’s Fate introduces the fabled lands of Odus, filled with epic quests, magnificent dungeons and limitless content provide the ultimate MMO experience for new players and seasoned veterans alike. Sentinel's Fate presents the next chapter of the EverQuest II legacy which will be written by the passion of players and fueled by the hunger for adventure. Its features include:
- Achieve your greatest potential with a level cap increase to 90
- Discover two expansive new overland zones, The Sundered Frontier and Stonebrunt Highlands
- Battle through 12 epic dungeon additions
- Experience the legend of Odus through 400 new quests
- Conquer five new Heritage Quests with valuable new loot
- Equip over 2,000 new weapons and pieces of armor and items
- Add all new alternate advancement abilities to your arsenal of powers
- Defeat hundreds of new dangerous and cunning creatures
The Golden Path
- Game Update 55 includes a massive number of focused content improvements, collectively known as the Golden Path. The Golden Path will provide a smooth and fun progression for new characters, starting right in the beginner zones, and continuing all the way up through level 80 to lead into the Sentinel's Fate expansion. Dozens of new quests have been added, the population of several zones has been streamlined and numerous item rewards have been created!
- The Golden Path is organized, but not completely linear. It begins with the newbie quest progressions for several starting zones: Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood and Timorous Deep. It then flows through Butcherblock, including the newly re-leveled dungeon of Kaladim, and on into the Steamfont Mountains. From there, it branches into Sinking Sands, Everfrost and Lavastorm, followed by the Tenebrous Tangle, the Bonemire and the Barren Sky. At high levels it winds through the savage lands of Kunark, and ultimately leads to Odus.
- The Golden Path includes a great deal of content, and there is even more to come! Enjoy!
nVidia 3D Vision
- EverQuest II now proudly supports nVidia’s 3D Vision technology. A combination of high-tech wireless glasses and advanced software, 3D Vision automatically transforms hundreds of PC games into full stereoscopic 3D. In addition, view movies and digital photographs in eye popping 3D. For more information, follow this link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_Main.html
- The street address and zone name of the house in the broker listing will now longer be jumbled together.
- The mitigation values for physical, elemental, noxious and arcane should now display properly when inspecting other players.
- Transmuting now has a new, more subtle visual effect.
- All instances of "roekilik" should now be correctly spelled as "roekillik".
- The griffon tamer at Butcherblock dock will now offer travel assistances to both Timorous Deep and Darklight Wood. Sarnak griffon trainer, Erochi Ku’ervs, is taking a leave of absence and will no longer provide griffon ride to Timorous Deep from Butcherblock.
- Fixed a bug where triggered effects that are modified by AA’s and items would not display the modified effect in green.
- Tinkered swarm pets are no longer restricted on what level or difficulty of target they can attack. In other words, you may now catapult cows at Anashti Sul if you wish.
- You can no longer swap out items presented to you in consignment with your own items while crafting.
- Ammo must now be more than 20 levels lower than the bow level before restricting the bow’s damage.
- Fixed a crash bug when examining adorned items.
- You can now purchase a Wizard Portal Hireling in all guildhall layouts! This hireling can be used to travel to any of the wizard spires across Norrath!
- You can now purchase a Guild Standard Bearer in all guildhall layouts! This hireling will allow you to buy several different guild standards which you can place in instances to give a bonus to everyone in the zone!
- The Flesh Bound Tome can now be turned into a proper book file that can be placed in a player’s house. Once you complete the quest “The Fleshbound Tome Speaks Again”, examine the item to turn it into a book.
- Fixed a number of bugs and inconsistencies on tradeskilled jewelry and shields.
- The Illusionist epic weapon procs have been reduced to one trigger .
- The Mystic epic “Spirit Tap” is now a 10 minute reuse.
- The Ranger mythical effect that increases damage based on range has been replaced with a 20% damage increase at all ranges.
- The Warden power proc now can trigger on any heal spell but can only trigger once per cast.
- The "Ethereal Dark Beacon" is now removed when the quest "A Hatred Repressed" is completed.
- The Ebon Mask "missing pages" can now be turned into a proper book file entitled “The Missing Pages of the Sword Heist Journal - Rebound” that can be placed in a player’s house. Once you complete the quest “A Crusade to Faydwer", examine the item to turn it into a book.
- "The Eye of Ree" is now removed when the quest "A Crusade to Faydwer" is completed.
- City PVP merchant items with specific class restrictions have been modified to have the base stats benefit their wearers.
- RoK and TSO PVP merchant items with specific class restrictions have been modified to have the base stats benefit their wearers.
- Trigger effects on several of the RoK and TSO accessories and weapons have been modified to be more in line with their intended values.
- Tradeskill writs now also grant status rewards to exiles.
- Sages now have recipes for level 80 user books.
- Cloak recipes and spuncloth hex doll recipes should now work. Quel’ule alchemist recipes now make 10 items at a time.
- Tradeskilled jewelry and secondary item recipes are now present in jeweler recipe books.
- Carpenter-crafted stained glass windows should now have improved collision and appearance.
- Carpenters now have recipes to make paint pots (Kaisha rejoice)
- Woodworker arrow recipes from the Hua Mein faction now require a dropped component instead of a rare wood.
- The Far Seas taskmaster desk is once again located on the docks of Thundering Steppes and Nektulos Forest.
- The Far Seas Supply faction merchant is now selling recipes for tradeskilled armor intended for battlegrounds use.
- The speed of the Far Seas tradeskill mounts has increased.
- The limited charges have been removed from the class-specific recipes sold by the Far Seas Supply faction merchant.
- Tinkering recipes now produce a finished product at all quality levels.
- Carpenters now have sales containers. Stained glass windows scale slightly larger (Whilhelmina). More paint pots (Cyliena).
- Jeweler crafted resist jewelry now uses brellium.
- Transmuting component conversion recipes have been updated.
- Icons next to the quest name now indicate quest difficulty and con color.
- Checkboxes have been removed from each quest part since the window no longer displays completed parts.
- Fixed examine information for spells and items with ward effects.
- The class AA trees have been rearranged so they no longer scroll vertically.
- Removed critical multiplier stat from spell examine windows and added it to the Crit Bonus tooltip in the Persona Window.
- Some changes have been made to the quest helper based on player feedback:
- Reduced font size of title.
- Quest text should be more readable on light backgrounds.
- Less flashing.
- Quests now auto-pin themselves to the helper if there is space (This is an option you can turn off).
- The filter dropdown box on the Persistent tab of the Zone Reuse window (Alt-Z) now filters zones by locked/unlocked status.
- A new quest series is available on isle of desolation in Barren Sky
- Barren Sky is now a more solo friendly zone!
- Many areas in Butcherblock are now tiered down to be more solo friendly.
- A New pathway is now opened up in Butcherblock that is directly connected to Steamfont.
- Several quest in the Butcherblock Mountains now reward faction with the Irontoe Brigade.
- As the Spiroc Flies - You now must visit a sarnak named Researcher Kiman at the Butcherblock Docks to complete this quest. Upon completing this quest, as well as the quest, "Nautical Disaster", the player will then be given a new quest entitled, "Help in the Highlands". This quest will direct you from the docks to the Highlands Outpost.
- Necessary Precautions - Guard Tellik has moved to the Butcherblock Docks
- Necessary Precautions - Adjustments were made to Guard Tellik and Assistant Deldry's dialog.
- Thieving Runts - Guard Daarwyn has moved to the Butcherblock Docks.
- Thieving Runts - Grorowyn Writ NPC, Ankinil Zo'Ri, has been moved to the Highland Outpost.
- Trail of Feathers - The trail of feathers has been shortened to reflect the new location of Researcher Bedrick.
- Where Spirocs Dare - The locations of the totems collected during this quest have changed.
- Birds of a Feather - Quest text has been updated to better explain where the player must travel.
- Seeking Brulten Hiltstill - Quest text and dialog adjusted to reflect Brulten Hiltstill's new location at the Highlands Outpost.
- Fishmonger Usharaz now sells level appropriate food and drink items.
- Merchants have been added to the Highland Outposts.
- Mender Horon Bronzethumb has moved to a more noticeable location inside Irontoe Outpost West.
- Merchant, Tharn Boarbristle, has setup shop in Irontoe Outpost East.
- The ghosts found haunting King's Rest have had their difficulty adjusted to reflect recent changes in population flow.
- Added furnace and table for Mender Thark and Mender Bronzethumb.
- Schmitty's Sandals - Adjusted the number of components needed to complete the quest.
- Silent Beckon - Talyrae T'Zyth has moved from the caravan entrance near Great Faydark to the Highlands Outpost.
- For the Dogs - This quest now gives better instructions on where bears can be found.
- Teir'Dal Timber - Ninoin D'syl has moved to the Highland Outposts.
- Teir'Dal Timber - Ninoin also now offers advice to on how player can increase there lumber harvesting skill.
- Stock Components - Thayvl Ulthonis has moved to the Highland Outposts.
- Stock Components - Thayvl now accepts dust from any type of essence found in the Butcherblock Mountains.
- Feathers for Gherrana - Gherrana has moved to the Highland Outposts.
- Feathers for Gherrana - Gherrana now accepts any type of Kragploom feather for her quest.
- Feathers for Gherrana - Additional instructions have been added to the quest to make locating Kragploom aviaks easier.
- Unusual Palate - Quest now updates every time after killing rustfiends.
- The Kobold and the Beautiful - Brulten Hiltstill has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- The Yarpsnarls - Argro Durthor has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- The Number One Threat in Butcherblock - Trapper Coalbear has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- The Number One Threat in Butcherblock - Quest text has been altered to give a better description on where to find bears.
- At Peace With the Past - Pacificator Merrek and the Great Galabo no longer require you to meditate as long as before. Quest dialog has been altered to reflect Merrek's relocation.
- Ro's Flame - Civean Il'Pernod has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- For the Glory of Rallos! - Tychus Zeksworn has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- Dark Tides - Additional Tidesylph ritualists have found their way out of their underwater home!
- Several city writs between the levels of 19 – 25 have been adjusted to reflect the recent changes made to the Butcherblock Mountains population.
- The Kobold and the Beautiful - Quest has had its level increased to reflect recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Kobold and the Beautiful - Quest text has been altered to remind players where they can find Brulten.
- The Kobold and the Beautiful - Number of mobs needed to complete this quest has been reduced.
- Muckflick Message Intercepted! - Quest has had its level increased to reflect recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Muckflick Message Intercepted! - Quest target has been adjusted to reflect the quest NPC's new location.
- Muckflick Message Intercepted! - Quest text and dialog has been updated to reflect recent changes.
- Seeking the Kilnkors! - Quest has had its level increased to reflect recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Seeking the Kilnkors! - Quest text and dialog has been updated to reflect the quest NPC's new location.
- Seeking the Kilnkors! - Jonedorn Kilnkor has moved to West Fort Irontoe.
- Axing a Favor - Quest has had its level increased to reflect recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Axing a Favor - Quest has been completely rewritten to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Number One Threat in Butcherblock - Quest has had its level increased to reflect recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Number One Threat in Butcherblock - Quest rewards have been altered to reflect the increase in the quest level.
- The Number One Threat in Butcherblock - New reward choice added to quest.
- The Forest Strikes Back! - The quest has been altered to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Forest Strikes Back! - Quest text and dialog has been altered.
- Finding Gloln Kilnkor - Quest level adjusted has been adjusted.
- Finding Gloln Kilnkor - Quest text altered.
- Ill Communication - Quest has been altered to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Ill Communication - Quest now directs players to Hamish Felderham's line if quests.
- For the Dogs - Quest has been altered to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- For the Dogs - Player will now need to kill terratrodders instead of bears for the quest.
- A Mind of My Own - Quest now requires the player to feed the Yarpsnarls located at West Camp Yarpsnarl.
- A Mind of My Own - Quest level has increased to match the surrounding population.
- A Dim Light - Quest NPC, Geldrani A'Zhi'Tel, has moved to the Highland Outposts.
- A Dim Light - Quest now directs players to West Camp Yarpsnarl.
- Digging in the Yard - Patches of pure soil can now be found in and around West Camp Yarpsnarl.
- A Strange Mix - Quest level has been increased to better reflect the difficulty of the quest.
- The Yarpsnarls - Quest has been increased in difficulty to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Yarpsnarls - Argro Durthor has relocated to the Highland Outposts.
- The Many Uses of Carapace - Quest has been increased in difficulty to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- The Many Uses of Carapace - Quest now requires the player to harvest only granite beetles.
- The Many Uses of Carapace - Granite beetles have moved to a more scenic location.
- Irontoe Brigade Requisition Lists - Quest has been increased in difficulty to reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Irontoe Brigade Requisition Lists - Quest text and dialog has been updated to reflect Argro's new location.
- Delivery to Verung - Quest text and dialog has been updated to reflect Argro's new location.
- Feeding the Irontoe Brigade - Highland crawlers have increased in difficulty to better reflect the recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- To the Docks at Once - A new quest has been added to the Greater Faydark caravan entrance in the Butcherblock Mountains. This quest directs player to Dockmaster Waulon at the Butcherblock Docks.
- Further Fame and Fortune - A new quest has been added to direct players from Butcherblock to Steamfont.
- Further Fame and Fortune - Player will need to be at least level 30 to attain this quest.
- Silencing the Shriekers - Quest no longer requires the player to be on the quest, Ill Communication (leadarm_x1).
- Sarnak Sympathizer: Part 2 - Quest have been lowered in level to bring it in line with its preceding quest.
- Eneek is No Snack! - Eneek Rialb has moved to the Three-Road Outpost.
- Eneek Needs a Snack - Quest has been decreased in difficulty to better match recent changes in Butcherblock's population.
- Trozusk's Challenge - Trozusk Ripscar has moved to the Three-Road Oupost.
- Trozusk's Challenge - Trozusk now gives better directions to where the Krulkiel may be found.
- A New Challenger - Trozusk now give new directions to this quest as to reflect his new location.
- Gorowyn: Yarpsnarl Reavers - Quest now requires the player to slay Yarpsnarl sappers.
- Gorowyn: Yarpsnarl Cutthroats - Quest now requires the player to slay Slagslore ettins.
- Order of Arcane: Sedimentary Colossi - Quest now requires the player to slay Yarpsnarl cutthroats.
- House of Falling Stars: Yarpsnarl Reaver - Quest now requires the player to slay Yarpsnarl scamps.
- Pass On the Satchel -You now must visit a dwarf named Dannard Cliffcarver to complete this quest.
- Pass On the Satchel -Thadus Flintwrit's dialog has been adjusted.
- Malyl N'Vazin now says, "for you are as sweet" instead of "for your are as sweet".
- Lady Katri Eloranta now offers the quest “An Introduction to the Fae” to frogloks and halflings.
- The quest “A Meal for Grum: I” now requires 6 spiders for quest completion.
- The quest “A Meal for Grum: II” now requires 6 fae drakes for quest completion.
- The quest “Part Time Help: I” now requires 10 wolves for quest completion.
- The quest “Part Time Help: III” now requires 10 Trebuz bixies for quest completion.
- Randu K'Van has moved close to the Crushbone mount station.
- Daruk Granite Nose Dobbson and Tuathil Laeds have moved their camp slightly to the north, much closer to the Crushbone mount station.
- Kror Stormshield now describes the scorpikis as "foul smellin' foes", not "fowl smellin' foes".
- Lava spirit mounts in Lavastorm can now transport you from Najena’s Valley directly to the Dragon’s Breath Tunnel station.
- Players can now access "Living Tombs" once again in Sinking Sands.
- The quests "A Necromancer's Request", "A Wizard's Request", "Mouthing Off" and "Clockwork Despair" have had their level raised to more accurately reflect the level of difficulty.
- A new griffon tamer has taken up residence at the Chrykori Village station. He offers a direct flight to the Gorowyn Docks.
- The Gorowyn Dock and Chryokori Village griffon stations now connect to the other nearby towers as well.
- Players level 9 and up can now start Standard Ku'Uul's quests in the Green Overlook without pre-requisites.