Imbuing is a crafting ability, used to improve a normal item by adding an effect to it.
Many tradeskill crafted items can be improved by Imbuing, gaining special properties such as Healing, Added Damage and Statistic Boosts.
There were 4 types of Imbuing Materials:
- Stone - from Gemstone and Metal Ore nodes
- Flower - from Bush and Wood nodes
- Tooth - from Animal Den nodes
- Scale - from Fish nodes
As of LU37, Imbue type harvests are now known simply as "material" instead of four separate types ("flower", "stone", "tooth", "scale"), simplifying bank space usage logistics. Existing flowers, teeth, and scales will not be renamed but can still be used. We will be keeping the separate pages for the old parts, but they will not be listed in the categories to avoid confusion.
Each Tier has a prefix name for all Imbuing Materials from that Tier. There are no Imbuing Materials for Tier 1 as there are no Tier 1 Imbued crafting recipes.
- glowing material (T2)
- sparkling material (T3)
- glimmering material (T4)
- luminous material (T5)
- lambent material (T6)
- scintillating material (T7)
- smoldering material (T8)
- ethereal material (T9)
- effulgent material (T10)
Imbuing Materials may be stored in stacks of 200.
|Doll Type||Self Stat Increased||Target Debuff|
|Chaos Imbued||Intelligence||Lowered magical mitigation|
|Discord Imbued||Wisdom||Lowered attributes|
|Fright Imbued||Strength||Slower attack rate|
|Ruin Imbued||Stamina||Lowered physical mitgation|
|Shadow Imbued||Agility||Slower movement|
For all other items, imbuing happens in a second crafting step, after the pristine item is created. The effects of imbued equipment are as follows:
|Legs||fire-based damage shield|
|Weapon||direct magic damage|
|Shield||fire-based damage shield|
|Fingers|| 45 second "boost" to a single stat with effect:
German Translations Edit
For those players using the German client, keep in mind that imbuing terminology changes with every patch, frequently updating back and forth between different translations and the English original. The material may be called something different for the product and in the recipes. As of March 2007, the following terms applied:
- Glowing (T2) unverarbeitetes glühendes Material
- Sparkling (T3) grobes funkelndes Material
- Glimmering (T4) unverarbeitetes flimmerndes Material
- Luminous (T5) Ahornholz leuchtendes Material
- Lambent (T6) grobes schillerndes Ulmenholz
- Scintillating (T7) funkelndes Material
- Smoldering material (T8) [information needed]
- Ethereal material (T9) [information needed]
- Effulgent material (T10) [information needed]