Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The 2016 Heroes' Festival is scheduled to be active on live servers from 11/3/16 at 2:00am until 11/15/16 at 1:59pm Pacific time.
The Heroes' Festival was introduced to commemorate the five year anniversary. It has returned each year since.
This annual live event is occurs in November each year, typically as Nights of the Dead ends. To see the exact date while in-game, click the EQ2 radial button on the bottom left of your screen and select the Calendar option from the menu.
Like other live events it offers event-themed quests, achievements, and special monsters to battle. Unlike other events, there are no event-themed tradeskill recipes, though players can buy a variety of useful armor and weapons, appearance gear, and house items from the event merchants.
New in 2016Edit
- All players who completed the 6 repeatable quests will log in having already completed the 12th Anniversary Celebration achievement. Those who have not completed these can.
- New items have been added to the festival merchants.
Currency and MerchantsEdit
Unlike most Live Events, that have a single event-themed currency, Heroes' Fest rewards two types, both of which can be spent at the same merchants.
- Currency Types
- Tokens of Heroism - the quests typically offer this currency as a reward option. The items offered for this currency are typically items used in housing.
- Mischeva's Tribute - these tokens are awarded for defeating the various "patchwork" bosses tied to the event achievements. This currency can be used to purchase attractive armor and weapons with stats and some appearance items.
A Heroes' Festival merchant - these merchants are found in the event hubs of both Freeport and the Qyenos Capitol District and offer the same items in both locations.
- See the Heroes' Festival Merchant Items
Quests and Event HubsEdit
The quests are identical in both locations, so travel to the event hub that suits your alignment to begin celebrating.
Celebrators, happy to share in the festivities, can be found in:
- Freeport, near the The Coalition of Tradesfolke at ( 59, -19, 84 ) /waypoint 59, -19, 84
- Qeynos Capitol District, near The Claymore Plaza at ( 297, -15, -21 ) /waypoint 297, -15, -21
- Tips and Tricks:
- All of the decoration locations are marked with a green sparkle that looks similar to a collection "shiny" from a distance.
- All of the Feast decor locations will be on or near the tables.
- If working on Festive Flames and Missing Decorations, you may have to pass by the same general areas a few times, as the refresh between setting the Ro Candle and the paper lanterns may have a considerable time gap.
- The Play's the Thing - Mischeva and her band of play-actors have been seen traveling around Norrath. Where they set up camp, they bring to life the stories of Norrath's past. Travel to these locations to battle the "patchwork bosses".
- Defeating these Heroes' Festival Named Monsters is a group effort for which everyone can earn rewards and get credit for participating.
- Though all of the battles with the event-only monsters are difficult, players of all levels can participate in to earn Mischeva's Tribute (event currency); lower level players will just earn less currency than those closer to the level of the monsters.
- All of the bosses are tied to the achievements for this event.
- Look for Mischeva in the Freeport and Qeynos event hubs for each city and neat the locations for each event-only monster.
- Once you have the quest, travel to the various locations and check for the patchwork bosses and/or communicate with other players on your server to find out where they may be active.
- Festival Monsters
The following pages describe the locations of each "patchwork boss" and how to travel to them:
- Darathar (Heroes' Festival)
- The Djinn Master (Heroes Festival)
- Trakanon (Heroes' Festival)
- Roehn Theer (Heroes' Festival)
- Baelon (Heroes Festival)
Freeport Event HubEdit
- Festive Flames in Freeport -- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours)
- Heroes' Feast in Freeport! -- Tradeskill quest (Quest is repeatable, once per event.)
- Thumore's Absence
- Missing Decorations in Freeport -- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 20 times)
- Freeport Band Aid -- (Repeatable, annually)
- Aggressive Advertising in Freeport-- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 25 times)
Qeynos Event HubEdit
- Festive Flames in Qeynos -- -- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours)
- Heroes' Feast in Qeynos! -- Tradeskill quest (Quest is repeatable, once per event).
- Thumore's Absence
- Missing Decorations in Qeynos -- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 20 times)
- Qeynos Band Aid -- (Repeatable, annually)
- Aggressive Advertising in Qeynos-- (Quest is repeatable every 2 hours, max 25 times)
The following were only available in 2009:
- Parts of the Samples of Destiny collection can be found throughout all Qeynos and Freeport.
- Badge of Heroics - complete all repeatable holiday quests.
- Mischeva's Champion - defeat all patchwork bosses.
- Darathar's Reprise - defeat Darathar.
- The Djinn Master's Reprise - defeat Djinn Master.
- Trakanon's Reprise - defeat Trakanon.
- Roehn Theer's Reprise - defeat Roehn Theer.
- Baelon's Reprise - defeat Baelon.
- 2016 Only - 12th Anniversary Celebration - defeat each of the patchwork monsters included in the event.
|EQ2i credits posts in this thread written by Kaitheel at the SOE/DBG Forums for some of the information in this article.|
|This article refers to events, personae, items and activities only present in-game during the annual Heroes' Festival event. Heroes' Festival comes to Norrath for a short time, generally around the beginning of November.|