Zones (By Harvestable Tier)Edit
Minimum skill was removed for harvesting in Nov. 2013. Players can now gather materials in any zone regardless of skill level. The only benefit to leveling skill is an increase in the chance to harvest a rare.
- * - Some zones contain resource nodes for more than one tier.
- ** - The minimum skill required to be able to harvest rares
Harvesting Quests and AAEdit
- A few quests have been added to the game that help players understand which zones to visit to gather (harvest) materials and to increase skills. Because the quests are tied to crafting, see the Tradeskill Timeline for quests aimed at improving these skills.
- A Gathering Obsession Timeline is the gathering-themed signature quest series. The first series culminates in the award, Cloak of the Harvester, which improves both the chance to harvest rare materials of high value and more. The series continues into a signature quest series which awards a "pack pony" (spell) that can be "sent" out to gather materials for its owner every few hours.
- Players heavily invested in tradeskills and harvesting are wise to gain positive faction with the Far Seas Supply Division (Faction). If you follow the Tradeskill Timeline you will encounter this faction in Butcherblock for the first time and continue to meet their represntatives throughout the progression of your trade if you take up quests to increase your tradeskill levels and purchase special gear sold only by their merchants for Far Seas Trading Company Token that can aid you in gathering materials more efficiently, like the Pack Unicorn (mount).
- Tradeskill Alternate Advancement (Tradeskill AA) was added to benefit harvesting skills as well. Press L to open the AA window and you will see several tabs relating to tradeskills. The AA skills there can be used to increase the chance to harvest rares, to harvest more materials per try, and so on.