Gnolls and their clan-based socio-political hierarchies are well established in all areas of Norrath. A few of the known clans are detailed below. For more information about Gnolls, see Know Your Gnolls by Pearl Honeywine. For a categorical listing of gnoll clans and groupings, see Category: Gnoll Groups.
The Sabertooth gnolls are rulers of the Gnoll den of Blackburrow. Included in their clan are the following packs:
- Darkpaw - A pack of the Sabertooth clan, these are surface-dwelling Gnolls in Antonica.
- Timberclaw - A pack of the Sabertooth clan, these are surface-dwelling Gnolls found in the Archer's Wood of Antonica.
- Dankfur - A pack of the Sabertooth clan, these are surface-dwelling Gnolls found on the islands off the Southern coast of Antonica.
- Cavemaw - A pack of the Sabertooth clan(?), these Gnolls are tunnelers and live in a cave system in the northern mountain range of Antonica.
- Rockpaw - A pack of the Sabertooth clan, these Gnolls are tunnelers and live in The Caves, an outlying district of Qeynos. The Rockpaw tend to be guards and managers. In the pack hierarchy they are higher than the Dustpaws.
- Dustpaw - A pack of the Sabertooth clan, these Gnolls are tunnelers and live in The Caves, an outlying district of Qeynos. The Dustpaw tend to be tunnelers and other workers.
The Skindancers are the surface-dwelling Gnolls in the Southwest of The Thundering Steppes.
The Splitpaw gnolls rule the caverns beneath The Thundering Steppes. The Splitpaw have a very rigid caste system, with titles indicating both Class and Rank. For a more complete understanding of the rich history of the Splitpaw Gnolls, see Splitpaw Gnolls.
These are the surface-dwelling Gnolls of the Desert of Ro
These are the cavern-dwelling Gnolls of The Silent City underneath the the Desert of Ro. They frequently dress in the mummy wrappings found within the Silent City, but the gnolls themselves are very much alive.
The Sareth'Tal were a tribe of agrarian gnolls, completely peaceful, living in the area known as the Loping Plains. Then the Dwarven King, Stormhammer, sent an expeditionary force to establish military outposts and mining operations. The Sareth'Tal complained but took no hostile action, having no military. The brigade commander, Ranthok Redbeard, received orders from the King to negotiate a settlement with the gnolls but, instead, he ordered his troops to massacre the Sareth'Tal. In his anger, Brell released the Avatar of Below, destroying the dwarves. The ghosts of the Sareth'Tal and the Redbeard brigade soldiers can still be seen there where they fell. This act of Hate is the taint that haunts the Loping Plains. 
These are the gnolls currently resident in the once-dwarven city of Kaladim. They coexist with their fellow Serilians: the Goblins of Clan Boombottom, the Bugbears of the Terrok Clan, and the Kobolds of the Frothbark Pack.