While EQ2 has numerous annual world events (holidays) with items to craft, none is quite as extensive as Frostfell.
Holiday items from other annual events like Nights of the Dead can be crafted at any normal tradeskill (crafting) stations all year long, but the items from recipes purchased during Frostfell require holiday-specific stations that differ from normal stations.
The holiday includes an enormous number is of items that one may craft if they buy and scribe the recipe scrolls sold in Frostfell Wonderland Village during the event. For an overview of crafting during the event, see the Frostfell page.
While Frostfell is live (active) on servers, you will find all the stations you need in the Frostfell Wonderland Village.
The Frostfell stations are:
- Cheery Loom - which looks nearly identical to the normal loom seen in major player cities and some guild halls
- Festive Workbench - which looks more like the woodworking tables seen in major player cities and some guild halls
- Merry Stove & Keg - which is identical to normal stations too.
Player-Made Keys for Year-Round StationsEdit
Frostfell was the first annual world event that included extensive crafting. As such, the developers limited the ability to craft the items to the time the event ran, much to the dismay of crafting and decorating community.
After years of pestering the developers to allow year-round Frostfell crafting, they finally relented and gave the community special Frostfell stations we can use all year.
These are in three chests one can hunt after crafting keys to unlock them. Each chest is identical in outer appearance (icy and steamy) but each one contains one of three Frostfell tradeskill stations.
Before You Get Started on the HuntEdit
- You must be at level 90+ tradeskill to buy and scribe the key recipes.
- Players can only buy the recipes for the keys and find the chests that hold these special tradeskill stations during Frostfell.
- The keys recipes are heirloom, scribable at tradeskill 90+, and the stations are no-trade.
- The stations can be placed in your house or a guild hall.
How to get the Key RecipesEdit
Before you can get the recipes for the keys you need to get the daily Frostfell crafting quest, because the only merchant who sells the keys is inside that instance.
- Hail Sogs Frostfoot in Frostfell Wonderland Village and get the quest, Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!
- While inside the special special zone, The Icy Keep, look for Ginneldarf Gigglegibber, the goblin to the left of the Chemistry Table. He sells holiday fuel, but those with level 90 and above can also buy and scribe recipes for:
- After completing the Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost! quest, exit and craft the keys in the Wonderland Village.
- This must be done in the village, rather than the Icy Keep zone, as the key recipes require a Frostfell Workbench and the Icy Keep has normal crafting stations. The Frostfell Workbenches can be found near ( 334, -23, -1511 ) /waypoint 334, -23, -1511.
- If you already have a set of the looted Frostfell stations in one of your character's homes or in a guild hall, you can also craft the keys at those stations.
- The fuel required to craft these is sold within the Wonderland, but the other materials are normal, non-seasonal, gathered materials.
- Travel around the world and locate the chests that hold the special stations.
To craft all three keys in the Wonderland Village you need:
- 2 Holiday Spirit
- 2 Holiday Cheer
- 2 Elven Magic
- 4 Amethyst
- 1 White Peony Tea Leaf
- 4 Iridium Cluster
- 2 Swamp Ash Lumber
- 3 Rhenium Ore
- 1 Matoppie Root
Possible Chest LocationsEdit
You may need to check multiple places, as only ONE is up at a given time.
Finding the chests is fun and easy if you team up with friends from your guild. Have one in your group check each location and take turns looting the chests.
Harvestable tracking will find the chests.
This chest contains the Cheery Loom.
- ( -1892, -33, -495 ) /waypoint -1892, -33, -495 - in Windstalker Village, near the cows
- ( -547, -13, -334 ) /waypoint -547, -13, -334 - by the wall, outisde The Keep of the Ardent Needle
- ( -2121, -45, 424 ) /waypoint -2121, -45, 424
- ( -719, -16, 250 ) /waypoint -719, -16, 250 - against the outer wall of Frontier Farm, on the side with the chimney
- ( 2263, 55, 917 ) /waypoint 2263, 55, 917 under a tree near Gorowyn Beach
- ( 1926, 49, -434 ) /waypoint 1926, 49, -434 - in the cave at the Mok Rent griffin station, by the NPCs
- ( 27, 65, 134 ) /waypoint 27, 65, 134 - under the tree, near the Trythec Loft Outpost
- ( -235, 7, 67 ) /waypoint -235, 7, 67
This chest contains the Festive Workbench.
- ( 506, 27, -240 ) /waypoint 506, 27, -240 - behind a low wall, near the barricaded area where the Risen Ry'Gor attack
- ( 242, 37, 183 ) /waypoint 242, 37, 183 - in the Cragged Spine, near one of the fire pits
- ( 619, 34, -333 ) /waypoint 619, 34, -333 - at the Great Shelf, right outside the cave with the banker and mender
- ( 618, 66, -518 ) /waypoint 618, 66, -518 - at the edge of Pride Overlook (the area with all the icemane lions)
- ( 152, 46, -275 ) /waypoint 152, 46, -275 - near the feeding grizzlies and fallen pilgrims
- ( 63, 34, -332 ) /waypoint 63, 34, -332 - on the tree stump, right by the camp where the ferry docks, south of the starter area
- ( 254, -20, 141 ) /waypoint 254, -20, 141 - on the edge of the Nightshadow Bog not far from to Wanderlust Fair.
- ( -363, -62, 251 ) /waypoint -363, -62, 251 - in the starter village area, on the west end of a building
- ( 253, -20, 10 ) /waypoint 253, -20, 10 - in the area of Wanderlust Fair
- ( 453, -32, -244 ) /waypoint 453, -32, -244 - on the east side of the Shadow Oak
This chest contains the Merry Stove & Keg.
- ( -746, 50, 282 ) /waypoint -746, 50, 282 - near Emerald Lake/not far from the beginning of the narrow passage that leads to New Tunaria.
- ( -566, 67, -76 ) /waypoint -566, 67, -76 - near Crushbone outpost (just before canyon to Crushbone Orc area)
- ( -118, 4, -71 ) /waypoint -118, 4, -71 - south of Sapling Spur outpost (just past Banker/Mender huts)
- ( -366, 12, 156 ) /waypoint -366, 12, 156
- ( 606, 45, 68 ) /waypoint 606, 45, 68
- ( -1052, -145, -673 ) /waypoint -1052, -145, -673 - near the tent on the beach, right off the dock
- ( -429, -45, -287 ) /waypoint -429, -45, -287 - inside the The Crossroads, on the side of the tower. Low level, good-aligned characters can reach it if careful
- ( -1255, -84, 124 ) /waypoint -1255, -84, 124 - near major gate to The City of Freeport, near the sewer zone-in point
- ( 391, -4, -819 ) /waypoint 391, -4, -819 - near the West Nomad Camp (not far from the Darklight Wood gate)
- ( -1364, -70, 322 ) /waypoint -1364, -70, 322 - by the wall at the graveyard, near the gate to The Sprawl
Recipes by StationEdit
This is not intended to be a comprehensive list, due to the sheer number of recipes. Instead, this will help you recall which station is used to make types of items, by using examples.
Because there are far fewer stations to use, the items themselves may not always be found at the station you expect. For example, the holiday-themed weapons come from the books with Outfits You Can Make in the title and most items are made at the loom, except the weapons and shields, which are made at the workbench.
With the fact that the Frostfell elves seem to be chugging a little too much eggnog, remember that statements below include words such as "many" or "most," because there are no hard and fast rules for where you can expect recipes to turn up.
- Appearance gear like Her Festive Clothes, Snappy Red and White Vest, White Woolen Scarf, and holiday themed cloaks Trimmed Frost Fabric Cloak
- Cloth house items like Big purple stocking and Green and Red Frostfell Streamers
- Weapons with a festive theme, like Delicious Candy-Striped Staff and Chillburn Axe
- Shields with a holiday theme, like Candy-Striped Buckler
- Some appearance gear, like Snappy Blue Helmet
- Many of the non-food, non-cloth decor items for use in player housing
Merry Stove and KegEdit
Most food-themed decor like:
If you get the year-round Frostfell Crafting Stations (described above) and a Tinkered Personal Harvest Depot, you can easily store what you need to make Frostfell items all year long.
Each gift or stack of gifts contains different materials used to craft holiday-themed items.
This table will help you determine which gifts you may chose to focus on if you are low on a particular material.
Three seasonal fuels are needed to craft Frostfell items. These are only sold in the Frostfell Wonderland Village while the event is live, so make sure you vist a goblin vendor who sells them and stock up. They can be kept in Tinkered Personal Fuel Depots in your house or in the Guild Hall Fuel Depot (amenity).
The fuels include: