Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Forums: Index > General Discussion > Chat window gone||Post|
I am a new player and loving the game except for one thing, I have lost my chat window and despite a long time hunting options and searching the net for a solution can't recover it.
I am sure this is something simple, can anyone here help?
- I'm not sure atm if there isn't a shortcut to show/hide the chat window, I know you can do it with many other windows. In EQ2 there is an option each window to hide it all the time, to make such invisible windows showing up you can press F10 to go the show me all windows look (Normal look *F10* show me all windows *F10* hide all windows *F10* Normal look ...) then you can rightklick the windows and change the transparency or so.
- you could make your Interface again. The options are saved in everquest 2\eq2_"Sever"_"Charname".xml if you rename the file to like eq2_"Sever"_"Charname"_old.xml before you login the interface will load with default look. That way doesn't effect your other settings, it's just the interface positions and channels and so on of that char.
- load the setting from a other char via /load_uisettings
- via options you can Reset all windows
- You can manualy edit the eq2_"Sever"_"Charname".xml file, the window postion is somewhere writen in the file.
- -- (Talk) 11:07, April 12, 2011 (UTC)
That's a very detailed reply tysm, I will give these a go, but this does seem very complicated. As a seasoned MMORPG player I have been really impressed many aspects of the game so far, this is not one of them however.
- Yeah i know that are many things with the UI you can do, but the many have a few chars and a problem like this can be fixed easy if you load the settings from a Char where everything looks fine. -- (Talk) 15:18, April 13, 2011 (UTC)
23:52, November 4, 2013 (UTC)
Edit: Just another way I found out. You can open the "options" panel by pressing Alt+O. Then you can go to the "controls" tab. From there, you are able to expand the "window keys". Find the one that says "chat window", click on the "empty" red box and map a key (e.g. caps lock). Accept and now you can hide/show your chat window. Worked for me.