Destiny of Velious is the seventh expansion for Everquest 2, released in February 2011. It contains content intended for levels 85-90. This expansion also gives access to all previous released expansions and adventure packs. Adventuring, tradeskill, and guild level caps are still capped at 90 and the AA cap is raised to 300. Destiny of Velious takes place in the land of Velious.
Destiny of Velious is scheduled for February 22, 2011
Getting to the new overland zoneEdit
- After an update in 2013, travel has been streamlined and the Globe of Swift Travel can be used to reach the dock near Thurgadin, City of the Coldain. Both the globe and Ulteran Spires can be used to reach Scarstone, even without completing the previously required quests to unlock the globe.
Persistent group instancesEdit
- Tower of Frozen Shadow: Shadowed Corridors (easy)
- Tower of Frozen Shadow: Umbral Halls (easy)
- Tower of Frozen Shadow: Haunt of Syl'Tor (easy to moderate)
- Hold of Rime: Forgotten Pools (easy to moderate)
- Hold of Rime: The Ascent (easy to moderate)
- Hold of Rime: The Fortress Spire (moderate)
- Kael Drakkel: Iceshard Keep (moderate to hard)
- Kael Drakkel: Throne of Storms (moderate to hard)
- Kael Drakkel: The Temple of Rallos Zek (moderate to hard)
- Kael Drakkel Contested (hard)
- Tower of Frozen Shadow (x2) (moderate to hard)
- Kraytoc's Fortress of Rime (x4) (moderate to hard)
- Throne of Storms: Hall of Legends (x4) (hard)
- Temple of Rallos Zek: Foundations of Stone (x4) (hard)
The rating is subjective experience from beta players.
Destiny of Velious Feature Set:
- New Zones: Journey through more than 15 new zones, including two new overland zones.
- Achievement Point: An achievement level cap increase to 300 that offers new achievements for class-specific lines.
- Heritage Quests: Four new quests with unique rewards being added.
- Public Quests
- Access to All Previous Content: Includes all previous expansion packs and adventure packs.
- Speak to Matthew, the Far Seas Trading Company rep getting established in the othmir village of Fina's Retreat in Velious to get you started with tradeskilling in Velious!
- approximately 70 new tradeskill quests await, assisting othmir, gnome pirates, coldain, and more.
- there's a new flying mount to earn (a choice of 2 unique appearances)
- Norrath's first tradeskill heritage quest is available! It's going to be challenging, but will the reward be worth it?
- another tradeskill signature quest also awaits, for crafters of level 90 who may be suffering from a small gathering obsession...
- recipes to earn from the Forgemasters of Thurgadin faction
- great looking new outfits to wear, appearance weapons to wield, and furniture to decorate your home
- a new "red shiny" tradeskill collection
- also, be aware of the pristine bonus changes coming up
For new crafting related quests included in DoV see Destiny of Velious Crafting Timeline
Thanks to [] for the early dungeon writeup
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
Pages in category "Destiny of Velious"
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total.