Bristlebane is the annual live event that honors Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane and celebrates playful pranksters, tricksters, and good humor. It starts just before and ends just after the real-world holiday known as April Fool's Day. On April 1st (PST) each year special activities and fun can be had as well.
To check the exact dates, log into the game and click the EQ2 button in the bottom right of your screen and choose Calendar from the list of options that opens. Keep in mind that the start date and end of (most) events is midnight PST, due to the location of the main office of Enchanted Lands
- This section highlights new content added most recently. Please move any info into the main article below when/if newer content is live each year.
Added in 2016Edit
- This event will be active on Live servers in 2016 on March 25th, at 12:01 PST and will end on April 4th at 11:59pm PST.
- Quests, NPCs, etc. will only be available during this time frame for 2016.
- Like most other annual live events it will automatically start and end without server downtime. NPCs and special locations will simply appear.
- New quest: Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale
- New collection - Prankster's Piece of the Pie (a.k.a. shinies behaving badly!)
- New achievements were not added in 2016.
Items and RecipesEdit
- New reward for the Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands race: Hive Heave (a charm)
- 7 New Merchant Items sold by Bristlebane Day merchant. (See the merchant page for a full list)
- The new recipe book has already been added below.
- Bristlebane Day is a good time to look for unusual warders. This year, the were-bears and were-rabbits can be tamed.
The TLE (Time Locked Expansion) servers do not have all of the festivities. Instead, they have a NPC, "a Gigglegibber goblin," who sells the basic house items in The City of Freeport and in the Qeynos Province District.
ONE DAY ONLY!Edit
Every year and only on April 1st (12:01am PST - 11:59pm), extra quests are available and more can be found in Enchanted Lands.
The info below is based on the previous year and can change, so keep your eyes out for anything unusual on that day!
- Riddled Quest Series
Three quests are available. These are offered consecutively and begin with:
- Riddled Throughout the Land is the first in a series of three quests offered by the sphinx, Imenand, in the Enchanted Lands.
- Tradeksill Materials, Frostfell Stations and Fuel
A one-day-only bush, Jester's Superior Garden, appear throughout Enchanted Lands.
- You can get materials from the following events from this temporary bush: Frostfell, Erollisi Day, Tinkerfest, Brew Day and Nights of the Dead. What you will gather is random, but it is still a good way to replenish.
- Frostfell Crafting Stations will also appear in The Sinking Sands. Climb the wall by the Croc Hunter Camp to reach the stations at the airship docks. Stop and hail the goblin at ( -1398, -163, -764 ) /waypoint -1398, -163, -764 to stock up on Frostfell Fuels too.
Most (but not all) of the quests can be found in Enchanted Lands, close to the docks.
- The Grand Prankster (same NPC as Blat Berisen) can be found in multiple zones. While a single quest is offered one-time only, he started offering a new quest in 2016, so keep and eye out for him. See the Blat Berisen page for all of the zones he's found in.
Though they look different from city to city, the merchants for this event are easy to spot because of their brightly colored robes. You will find them near the tradeskill area of each city.
- Bristlebane Day merchants are mischievous halflings.
- See the merchant pages (linked above) for a list of available items or visit them in the following locations:
- Darklight Wood at ( -409, -63, 232 ) /waypoint -409, -63, 232
- The City of Freeport at ( 39, -12, 91 ) /waypoint 39, -12, 91
- Neriak, City of Hate at ( -145, -5, 263 ) /waypoint -145, -5, 263
- Frostfang Sea at ( -345, 176, -58 ) /waypoint -345, 176, -58
- Timorous Deep at ( 2746, 123, 1148 ) /waypoint 2746, 123, 1148
- Greater Faydark at ( 458, 93, 325 ) /waypoint 458, 93, 325
- Qeynos Capitol District at ( 339, -21, -100 ) /waypoint 339, -21, -100
- Haven at ( 53, -32, -179 ) /waypoint 53, -32, -179
To check the amount of event currency you have on hand, press C to open the Character window and click on the Currency tab.
- Fool's Gold Coin is obtained when you kill various monsters, complete quests, and compete in the races.
- Tips and Tricks to Get the Above
- There are two types of races for this holiday and both offer the option to choose Fool's Gold Coins as the reward.
- Players with All Access (subscription) accounts earn double the event currency.
No matter which tradeskill you begin or master, any crafter can make the items in the recipe books.
- The Bristlebane Day recipes can be purchased only while Bristlebane Day is live. The previous year's recipes are always offered and (typically) new recipes are added annually.
- You will also need a variety of harvestables from Jester's garden bushes in specific zones that you can only gather during the event. See the section, Special Crafting Materials below for more details.
- Unlike Frostfell, which requires special crafting stations, you can make these items all year if you stock up holiday themed materials.
- Like most holiday-themed live events, the recipes are primarily items for use in player housing.
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft II
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft III
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft IV
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft V
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VI
- Perfectly Serious Items to Craft VII
Special Crafting MaterialsEdit
In order to craft items from the holiday-themed recipes, you must gather materials from Jester's garden, a small, pale bush with a red particle effect.
- All of the materials have humorous names like High Elf Funny Bone and so on. See the Jester's garden page for the full list.
- The harvests from these nodes are tradeable, so check the broker if you need to stock up.
- If you have completed the Gathering Obsession Timeline and have the Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony, it can be sent out to get the holiday-themed materials for you too.
- See the ONE DAY ONLY section above for special materials that can be gathered only on April 1st.
These can be found throughout most of the zones listed, but the following areas have high concentrations with easy access from adjacent zones:
- The Commonlands outside of the Freeport gate and along Highwayman's Road.
- Antonica outside of the gate for Qeynos Capitol District.
- Frostfang Sea near the dock and up the ramp going to New Halas. Around the outdoor areas of areas of New Halas.
- Timorous Deep north of the docks, around the low-level quest areas.
- Greater Faydark in the woods under the city platforms. For example, around the Green Knoll.
- Darklight Wood just outside of the Neriak, City of Hate, around the low-level quest areas.
See the ONE DAY only section above for special quests only available on April 1st.
- To make them easier to find unlimited repeatable quests are shown in bold text below.
Repeatable at Least Once per YearEdit
- Plethora of Patchcraft Parts -
- Ratical - from the Gigglegibber Hunt Master in the Enchanted Lands.
- Gigglegibber Scavenger Hunt - Hail the goblin Hunt Master after completing Ratical to purchase the starter list from him.
- Gnary a Joke to Tell - from Galan Jokepeddler ( 44, 4, 118 ) /waypoint 44, 4, 118 in the Enchanted Lands. The Horse of a Different Color is one of the rewards you can choose; it changes colors every time you zone.
- Rescuing the Princess - A Bristlebane Tale - a silly Bristlebane Day themed dungeon you can enter. You must complete The Bristlebane Quest Outline before this quest.
- The Bristlebane Quest Outline started by Blat Berisen - this is a mini-quest series that replaced the old Tin Metal Protection quest. See the page for details, as where you start matters.
Races (Unlimited Repeatable)Edit
Collections can only be completed once per character.
Collection items are primarily found in the same areas as the Jester's gardens (shrubs). See the the Special Crafting Materials section above.
- After you complete Impossibly Rare Objects collection, show the reward to the Grand Prankster to get a Blessed Gigglegibber Mini-Comfort Crate. You need to have completed the quest, Tin Metal Protection, to speak to him in this form.
- These shinies for this are sneaky!
- Bristlebane's Memories - found in the main tradeskill areas of the cities.
- A Plethora of Pranks - craft several items from the holiday-themed recipe books. Unlocks the ability to purchase the Grand Prankster Streamer
- Conniving Confections -craft several items from the holiday-themed recipe books. Unlocks the ability to purchase the Grand Prankster Cordon
- Fur Finder capture 25 bunnies. Additional achievement/titles available after. See the Fur Finder page for details.
- Patchcraft Killer - kill patchwork creatures for this achievement. Additional achievement/titles available after. See the Patchcraft Killer page for details.
- Honorary Gigglegibber - complete event quests
- Snack Attack - compete in the event Snack Snatcher race
- You Jelly? - compete in the Bristlebane Bounce game
- Fur Finder (suffix title) and many others after attaining this title first. See the Fur Finder page for details.
- The Crafty Killer (suffix title) - kill several patchwork creatures that appear only for this event.
- Snack Snatcher (suffix title) - for completing the Bristlebane Day Snack Snatcher: Enchanted Lands five times.
- The Ridiculous (suffix title) - for completing the Bristlebane Bounce: Sinking Sands.
Rewards and Merchant ItemsEdit
There are too many items to list, but a few worth noting include:
- Bovoch Matriarch - a house pet that looks like The Meatbeast
- Merrymakers Salmon - an appearance weapon that looks like a fish
- Hive Heave - surprise your friends by throwing a bee hive at their heads!
- Crimson Stone of Chance - a twelve sided die
Retired Quests and Event HistoryEdit
- The one-time-only quest Tin Metal Protection still exists, but has been wrapped in The Bristlebane Quest Outline to accommodate added locations.
The event first appeared in 2007.
- Cute Mode -- When you log in anytime on April 1, you will be in Cute Mode (All humanoid players and monsters will have ballooned heads) but despair not! If you just cannot stand it, use /cutemode to turn it off!
- The Herald of Bristlebane -- If you die today, don't be so quick with that Revive button! Gerald Gigglegibber, the Herald of Bristlebane, just might be able to help with your little problem... or not. Let's all hope that "Bristly Bane" loves us!
- The Archaeologist -- eq2players has announced that LU34 will include a new character class that starts in Haven, the Archaeologist.
|Froglok in /cutemode||Mender in /cutemode||Gerald Gigglegibber|
The following in-game mail is sent to players each year:
From: A Fan of Frivolous Folly
Subject: Bristlebane Day!
Jesters, thieves, bards and fans of mischief, alike, are encouraged to enjoy the Bristlebane Day festivities in your city or elsewhere! You never know what laughs and pranks await you during these holy days honoring Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, The Grand Prankster. Princess Evelynn has a lofty challenge in Sinking Sands, while other celebrators, like Rakshatta, can be found in the Enchanted Lands. She is excited about the arcane patchwork creatures seen roaming Antonica, The Commonlands, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea. You can get more involved by crafting your very own items in celebration of this wonderful holiday. Visit your local tradeskill house to purchase these special recipes!
Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for special events, especially in Enchanted Lands, occurring only on the highest of silly days, 4/1/2015!
|This article refers to events, personae and activities only present in-game during the annual Bristlebane Day celebration, which comes to Norrath each year on and around April 1st.|