Brew Day is an annual event that tips a hat and a frosty beer stein to Brell Serilis. The in-game festivities start around the beginning of March and run until (or just beyond) the real-world holiday known as St. Patrick's Day. It made its first appearance in 2006.
To check the exact dates, log into the game and click the EQ2 button in the bottom right of your screen and choose Calendar from the list of options that opens. Keep in mind that the start date and end of (most) events is midnight PST, due to the location of the main office of Daybreak.
Check your in-game mail for the announcement and clues about where to go to enjoy this event. See the event announcement at the end of the page if you accidentally delete that mail.
Canceling Drunk EffectsEdit
Many of the quests require your character to consume alcoholic drinks that cause a screen blur that is supposed to mimic drunkenness; for some players this presents a problem as it can cause headaches.
- To cancel the drunk effects please see Getting Sober
- Note: The more you drink and gain "skill" in this, the greater your character's alcohol tolerance.
New This YearEdit
- This section highlights new content added most recently. Please move any info into the main article below when/if newer content is live each year.
Added in 2016Edit
- This event will be active on Live servers in 2016 on March 3rd, at 12:01 PST and will end on March 17th at 11:59pm PST.
- Quests, NPCs, etc. will only be available during this time frame for 2016.
- Like most other annual live events it will automatically start and end without server downtime. NPCs and special locations will simply appear.
A new collection quest, More Brews is Good Brews
- New achievements were not added in 2016.
Items and RecipesEdit
- Balin has ten new items for sale in 2016.
- There are many items, but worth noting: Cutting a Rug is a rug that causes anyone standing on it to dance. Two human "plushies" can be placed in a house or guild hall to look like drunken revelers who've had a bit more than they can handle.
- The new recipe has already been added below.
The TLE (Time Locked Expansion) servers do not have all of the festivities. Instead, they have a NPC, "A Boozy Celebrator," who sells the basic house items in The City of Freeport and in the Qeynos Province District. The following drinking establishments have NPCs who sell some of the Brew Day items:
Bar of Brell Event HubEdit
The main hub for this event, the Bar of Brell, can be accessed from multiple zone-in points in the world.
Though you will find several quests within the bar, many of those quests require you to travel to various corners of the world. Keep an eye out for quests within the many zones you travel to and stop to pick up and purple "shinies" to complete collections.
- The Bar of Brell is open for business each year and can be accessed from the following locations:
- Timorous Deep - on the Docks, just past the Griffin at ( 2362, 7, 1384 ) /waypoint 2362, 7, 1384
- The Timorous location above is the most efficient choice when traveling from any dock if you are using a Globe (a.k.a. world "bell").
- Antonica - near the North Qeynos Gate at ( 66, -20, 0 ) /waypoint 66, -20, -0
- The Commonlands - by the Freeport gates at ( -1219, -82, 52 ) /waypoint -1219, -82, 52
- Greater Faydark - at the stable near Green Knoll at ( 5569, 44, 41 ) /waypoint 5569, 44, 41
- New Halas - in the center of the main village at ( -68, 148, -34 ) /waypoint -68, 148, -34
- Balin Copperfoot sells items in exchange for both the holiday currency and standard coin. He can be found inside the Bar of Brell.
- Some items may require the completion of the holiday achievements as an "unlock" before you can buy them from Balin.
Currency and Special Crafting MaterialsEdit
To check the amount of event currency you have on hand, press C to open the Character window and click on the Currency tab.
- Beer Tokens are a event currency that can be used to buy items from Balin Copperfoot. This currency is not no-trade or hierloom, so check the broker if you run low or sell your extras for shiny standard currency (gold, plat, etc).
- Tips and Tricks to Get the Above:
- The quest, Drinks Are On The House! can be repeated every 2 hours and you can choose 5 tokens as one of the rewards.
- The race, Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock is an unlimited repeatable quest and can be used to gain many tokens in a rather brief time.
- The special crafting materials require completion of the quest, Ale Goggles. For more tips on the materials see the Recipe section below.
- Note: players with All Access (paid) accounts get double alternative currency, which includes special currency for events like this.
No matter which tradeskill you begin or master, any crafter can make the items in the recipe books.
- The Brewday Accouterments recipes can be purchased only while Brew Day is live. The previous year's recipes are always offered and (typically) new recipes are added annually.
- You will also need a variety of harvestables from Bountiful Brewday Garden bushes in specific zones that you can only gather during the event. See the section, Special Crafting Materials below for more details.
- Unlike Frostfell, which requires special crafting stations, you can make these items all year if you stock up holiday themed materials.
- Like most holiday-themed live events, the recipes are primarily items for use in player housing.
While most crafted items are house items themed around beer, wine, booze, a variety of tableware, and pub-style food, recipes do include other items, like curtains. Some items, like the Frothy Tankard (weapon), can be used as appearance gear.
The following recipes are sold by Balin Copperfoot for 60s 90c (standard currency) per recipe. If you missed this event in the past, the previous years' recipes are always available while the event is live.
- Brewday High-tech Distilleries - in order to craft the items within it, you need to complete the quest, Thurgadin Ice Brew.
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
- Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII - new in 2016
Special Crafting MaterialsEdit
In order to craft items from the holiday-themed recipes, you must gather materials from Bountiful Brewday Garden, a shrub with a green particle effect.
- The Bountiful Brewday Garden shrubs are found randomly throughout zones (and along riverbanks) where you enter/exit the Bar of Brell. See the Event Hub and Merchant section above for locations.
- Unlike other special seasonal materials, you can only see the Bountiful Brewday Garden shrubs if you complete the quest and equip the Improved Ale Goggles.
- The harvests from these nodes are tradeable, so check the broker if you need to stock up.
- If you have completed the Gathering Obsession Timeline and have the Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony, it can be sent out to get the holiday-themed materials for you too.
Where to Craft ItemsEdit
- No special crafting stations are required.
- EQ2 player, Cyliena, made a Google Doc a 2016 Brew Day event spreadsheet for those who like a list of quests to check off.
- If questing on a brand new, low-level character focus on Ale Goggles, followed by Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew; it rewards a ground mount that makes completing all other quests much easier.
Brew Day Walk ThroughEdit
- For those seeking an easy start-to-finish pattern to complete 6-7 quests and the only achievement, see the Brew Day/Walk Through.
Repeatable at Least Once per YearEdit
Quests that can be repeated multiple times per year have had their title in bold to make them easy to find below.
- Ale Goggles -from Gilin Rockbreath.
- Beers for Brell! - from Avatar of Below.
- Bog Mountain's Eruption - from Maisy Sweetbread in Enchanted Lands near the docks ( 36, -1, 19 ) /waypoint 36, -1, 19 - repeatable every 24 hours.
- Brell's Everlasting Brew from Rasel Alechaser (fun fact: this was the original quest that introduced the event in 2016).
- Deep Within Hammerhall - Repeatable every year after you complete the non-repeatable quest, Black Swill for Blackswell. Speak to Steinsister Daglara (335, 189, 501) at the Highland Outpost in Butcherblock Mountains and have the book translated to unlock this as an annually repeatable quest.
- Drinks Are On The House! - repeatable every two hours.
- Rummage for Answers - from Tellar Blackswell.
- Snoogle's Presentation - repeatable every year.
- Thurgadin Ice Brew - from Oldar Foambeard.
- What is That Noise?! from the bar tender in the Bar of Brell.
- Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew from Valla Brewhammer, available only after you receive your Improved Ale Goggles from Gilin Rockbreath.
- Black Swill for Blackswell from Tellar Blackswell, which is followed by the quest Deep Within Hammerhall.
Races (Unlimited Repeatable)Edit
Collections can only be completed once per character.
- As with many other event collections, specific shinies are found in specific locations so see the actual collection pages for hints or outright locations to check.
- Brews Across Norrath - the original collection for Brewday
- Locate purple "shinies," most of which can be found in various bars all around Norrath.
- More Brews is Good Brews - added in 2016
As of 2016, you can earn two titles.
- Possible Titles:
- the Lush - a suffix title is available if you complete the achievement The Great Brewday Pub Crawl.
- the Bouncer - a prefix title when you complete Brewday Beer Guardin': Butcherblock 5 times.
- Can't Hold Their Liquor - knock over 110 goblins when you compete in the holiday themed races in Butcherblock
- Drunk Level: Dwarf - complete various annual quests
- Festive Furniture - craft all of the themed furniture from the holiday themed recipe books
- Pub N' Suds - craft all of the food/drink house items from the holiday themed recipe books
- The Great Brewday Pub Crawl - visit numerous bars around Norrath and "drink" several beers sold by NPCs
Rewards and Merchant ItemsEdit
You can see any any equipable item, pets, and house items while in-game before you buy them or chose them as a quest reward by holding down CTRL and L clicking on the item icons.
- For the full list of items you can purchase using Beer Tokens, see the page for Balin Copperfoot.
Brew Day now offers far too many items to provide a full list, but some popular and returning items (as examples) include:
- Green Field Square - a house item that looks like a square patch of grass for 1g 20s
- Green Stained Glass Square - a house item that looks like other building blocks with a stained-glass texture for 1g 20s
- Barrel Room Door - a door that can be used in player housing
- Petamorph Wand: Animated Hops - an unlimited spell that can be used to change the look combat pets (Petamorph wands not work on "fluff" pets. Your character must be a 'pet class' to use it)
- Pot of Wake-up Juice - 10 charges of a non-stat drink that can be used to remove the blurry screen effect caused by any alcohol consumed by your character.
- Wild Boar - a spell to summon a "fluff pet" that will follow you around.
- A Strange Cabbage Plushie - a small, stationary critter you can place in your house.
Retired Quests and Event HistoryEdit
- All quests appear to remain available as of 2016.
- Each year players get an in-game mail announcing the return of Brew Day to Norrath.
"Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Use the magical keg we've opened near yer city to enter the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. I invite ya in to grab a stein of ale while The Burglars entertain. While yer here, maybe ye'll help me figure out what's causin' all that ruckus below the bar. If not, well, ye'll also find items to craft, adventures and rewards both new and familiar! Course there's plenty of activity outside the bar, too. There's news of goblins stirrin' trouble in Butcherblock Mountains and the Enchanted Lands! And if'n ya find yerself crawling through other bars and drinking holes be sure to keep yer eyes peeled for special items of interest to collect!
The Bar of Brell's Head Bartender"