Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Journal Category||Sinking Sands (AA)|
|Journal Level||47 (Tier 5)|
|Starting Zone||The Sinking Sands more|
|How to Start||Talk to Xilla Beetlebinder, who is found on the beach path, just before it reaches the desert. ( -920, -140, -340 ) /waypoint -920, -140, -340|
|NOTE: A discussion page exists which may contain more information|
This is part 1 of 8 in the Beetle Herding series in the Sinking Sands Timeline.
All of the quests in this series work the same way:
- Xilla gives you A Bug Zapper.
- When the bug zapper is in your inventory, any a skittish scarab that you approach will automatically herd toward the tarantula field ( -1062, -115, -589 ) /waypoint -1061.92, -114.92, -589.22. Tarantulas kill scarabs on sight, with a huge aggro radius.
- Herd a skittish scarab to its death.
- You must stay fairly close to the scarab, to keep it moving toward the tarantula field. They follow a set path, heading directly towards the tarantula field. There is no way to divert them from this path. Once there they will circle the group of boulders at the center. ( -1039, -106, 701 ) /waypoint -1039, -106, 701
- Skittish scarabs spawn throughout the flat area north of Xilla (between her and the chimney). You can spot them from a distance because they fly non-stop.
- There are a max of 4 skittish scarabs. If no one has been hunting them when you come along, all 4 will be up. They do NOT share spawn points with the normal dune scarabs.
- Retrieve the dead scarab's carapace. You have to stay almost next to the scarab to get the carapace.
- When a tarantula kills a skittish scarab that you herded, a carapace will appear on the ground. Right-click the carapace to pick it up. (you can attack the scarab's as long as the tarantula starts the fight and kills it. this makes it much faster)
- Note: You can pickup carapaces from a long distance away. There is no need to be attacked by tarantulas. They normally walk away after killing a scarab.(But you have to be fairly near to the scarab when it dies or it will not drop the carapace).
- Be sure not to get more than one scarab at a time. It is possible that the resulting shells would be non-lootable.
- Return to Xilla Beetlebinder to receive your reward.