- For a table summarizing all adornments by equipment slot, rarity and effect, see the Overview page.
- For a simple, alphabetic listing of all adornments, see the category page.
Adornments are items that can be added to your worn equipment to add some sort of effect to them. By adding adornments to your equipment, you can increase the stats that your equipment bestows on you, or even gain new effects that you didn't have before. For example, adornments can add or enhance a skill or stat (+10 STR), or enhance a spell (+4 to all heals). Different effects are restricted to different equipment slots or weapon types. Each type of adornment can be made in several tiers of quality, each with different minimum level requirements.
When You Adorn SomethingEdit
Once you've obtained an adornment, you must attach it to a piece of equipment. In doing so, the adornment is expended and cannot be recovered or reused. When the adorned item gains the "Ornate" tag, it means it cannot be traded any longer, even if it was tradeable previously. Though you nearly can't recover an adornment after it has been applied, you can replace it with a new adornment. However, each item can only hold one adornment per slot at a time.
Legendary and Fabled gear for the Sentinel's Fate expansion introduced the possibility of secondary adornment "slots." Nearly all items have a white slot for regular adornments. These items can only have one adornment applied to them at a time. However, some items have white and yellow adornment slots (Legendary gear) or white and red adornment slots (Fabled gear). These items can hold one regular adornment at a time in their white slot, and one specialized adornment at a time in their yellow or red slots.
With Tears of Veeshan most 95 items have 2 white Adornslots and depending on the slot either..
- 2 white slots
- 2 white + 1 purple
- 2 white + 1 green (rings and neck)
- 2 white + 1 purple + 1 Cyan (etheral primary/secondary/ranged)
Also worth noting are the level 90 Battlegrounds-specific gear and items. This equipment comes with a secondary blue adornment slot which can have one Battlegrounds-specific adornment applied (at a time) to them.
It's possible to recover an Adornment with Basic Prismatic Adornment Dislodger (1 adornment of an item) or Advanced Prismatic Adornment Dislodger (all adornments of an item). Tinkerer-made: uses a tungsten ore + 2 transmuting rares (2 Infusion of Ice for the basic, or 2 Frozen Mana for the Advanced). Both are single use. If the item can be worn for appearance, an APPEARANCE-ONLY item is returned, if not, it is destroyed.
There is another Tinkerer-made Basic Trichromatic Adornment Dislodger and Advanced Trichromatic Adornment Dislodger that let's you recover red, yellow and green adornments. The Basic removes one yellow, red, or green adornment (user's choice) and destroys the item (and any adornments not removed). The Advanced removes all yellow, red, and/or green adornments and returns a NO-VALUE, APPEARANCE-ONLY if the item has an appearance and destroys it otherwise (along with any white adorns that were on the object). To create such an item you need a "common" crafting rare.
Adorning & Adorment Removers NPCs sell Superb Green Adornment Dislodger for 2p and Superb Prismatic Adornment Dislodger for 15p.
Both can be buyed for Loyalty Tokens as well, but for 5 Token you can get 75p and buy a lot more dislodgers that way.
- With the release of Altar of Malice, a spell is obtained from the main solo questline that will remove all adornments on an item as well as preserve said item. The spell is unlimited use, instant recast.
Types of AdornmentsEdit
Although there are different ways to categorize adornments, the most common method is by color. Listed below is a very brief overview of how to obtain the various types of adornments, as many other NPCs sell yellow and red adornments. In Velious, adornments were sold by the various faction merchants across Great Divide and Eastern Wastes (see below about a faster shopping trip)
|White||Handcrafted to Fabled||Crafted by players who have taken on the Adorning profession and found as quest rewards.|
|Yellow||Legendary||Sold for 5 Mark of Manaar by vendor Elendra in Paineel|
Sold for 5 Primal Velium Shard (white shards) + 5p by various DOV merchants*
|Red||Fabled||Sold for 5 Seal of Arad and 10p by vendor Kal'Jeketh in Paineel|
Sold for 5 Pure Primal Velium Shard (blue shards) + 10p by various DOV merchants*
|Blue||Fabled||PvP / Battlegrounds adornments, whose effects only apply during Battlegrounds matches or PvP Servers|
|Green||New in the Chains of Eternity expansion. Level up level 1-10 gaining different abilities/bonuses depending on type. Found as quest rewards and can also be crafted.|
|Purple||Fabled||New in the Tears of Veeshan expansion. The purple adornments are crafter-made, a random quest reward from the instances, drop from nameds or from trash in raid zones.|
|Cyan||Fabled||New in the Tears of Veeshan expansion and can be used on etheral primary/secondary/ranged items. Drop from nameds in the lower part of High Keep contested.|
- * In addition to each faction's adornment merchant, a shady gnoll by the the name of Momo on the Thurgadin docks also provides an aggregated shopping list all the faction merchants. The prices are the same, and faction restrictions still apply.
Because the overwhelming majority of adornments are white, the remainder of this article will discuss how they are created and what types are available.
Creating White Adornments Edit
- See Also: Adornments/Overview
In order to make a white adornment, the crafter needs subcomponents made from the Transmuting process. Transmuting breaks down valuable items (Treasured, Legendary, Mastercrafted, and Fabled items) into components. Generally, white adornments are readily available on the Broker to be purchased from other players. The Broker window's Advanced Search includes an option to search specifically for adornments.
White adornments were introduced with the Echoes of Faydwer expansion. The secondary tradeskill for adornments is called Adorning. Every class is capable of becoming an Adorner, should the player so choose, and all the recipes have been unified under the sole skill of Adorning (whereas previously, there were advanced adornment recipes available for each of the primary tradeskill classes).
White adornments come in three quality tiers:
- Handcrafted -- which are made from Powder and Fragments
- Mastercrafted-Legendary -- crafted from Infusion, Powder, and Fragments
- Fabled -- created with a Mana, Infusions, Powders, and Fragments
White Adornments by Equipment Slot Edit
- Weapon, Sybmol, Shield, Ranged
White Adornment Types by Effect Edit
- autoattack Adornments
- Category:AE Autoattack Chance Adornments
- Category:Attack Speed Adornments
- Category:DPS Adornments
- Category:Health Transfer Proc Adornments
- Category:Power Transfer Proc Adornments
- Category:Cold Damage Proc Adornments
- Category:Disease Damage Proc Adornments
- Category:Heat Damage Proc Adornments
- Category:Magic Damage Proc Adornments
- Category:Poison Damage Proc Adornments
- Category:Multi Attack Chance Adornments
- Avoidance Adornments
- Crit Chance Adornments
- Hostile Spell proc
- Resist Adornments
- Category:Crushing Resist Adornments
- Category:Piercing Resist Adornments
- Category:Slashing Resist Adornments
- Category:Cold Resist Adornments
- Category:Disease Resist Adornments
- Category:Divine Resist Adornments
- Category:Heat Resist Adornments
- Category:Magic Resist Adornments
- Category:Mental Resist Adornments
- Category:Poison Resist Adornments
- Regeneration Adornments
- Skill Adornments
- Category:Crushing Skill Adornments
- Category:Piercing Skill Adornments
- Category:Piercing Skill Adornments
- Category:Disruption Skill Adornments
- Category:Ministration Skill Adornments
- Category:Ordination Skill Adornments
- Category:Subjugation Skill Adornments
- Category:Parry Skill Adornments
- Category:Defense Skill Adornments
- Tier 1 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 2 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 3 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 4 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 5 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 6 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 7 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 8 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 9 Adornments by Slot
- Tier 10 Adornments by Slot