Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Race||Multiple Races (see below)|
|Zone||Multiple Zones (see below)|
|Location||See notes below|
Distressed merchants are the placeholders for gratified merchants. They spawn in semi-random locations in the following zones:
- Antonica - usually near groups of gnolls or their tents
- The Commonlands - usually near groups of orcs
- The Thundering Steppes - usually near groups of gnolls or zombies
- Nektulos Forest - usually near groups of pirates
- Enchanted Lands - usually near groups of fairies
- The Feerrott - usually near groups of lizardmen
- The Sinking Sands - usually near groups of undead
Distressed merchants can spawn in any area of the zone where there are several groups of mobs close to each other. For example, in Zek, the Orcish Wastes, several groups of orc mobs gather on the path leading to Deathfist Citadel. Killing all the mobs (usually 4 groups) repeatedly has a chance of spawning a distressed merchant. In Antonica, the same would be true of groups of gnolls (again usually 4 groups around a tent, fire, or tree).
Once a distressed merchant appears (or if they've already appeared and you're kind enough to stop and help them), clear all groups of mobs around the distressed merchant and wait for a moment. The distressed merchant will disappear and A gratified merchant will appear in their place and offer to buy items from you (at their maximum value) or sell special items to you. For more information on the benefits of saving a distressed merchant, see a gratified merchant.